Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Mantel

 I'll have to admit one thing about our new house that I was very excited about was having a mantel to decorate. May seem kinda silly, but a fireplace with a mantel was on my 'wish list' for our next house. And I was very excited that I got one. I hope my mantel decorating skills get better as the years go on. But for now here was my first halloween mantel. Its not Better Homes and Garden quality, but I like it. Kinda simple but fun. I was excited that I made my first yarn wreath. It was pretty easy. I think I might be making some more of those for other holidays...



On our 'someday' wish list of things to do. We hope to give our mantel a face lift and maybe make it a bit more modern. Or at least change out the green marble, since that doesn't really go with our style. But it will work for now.



Oh yeah and I was proud to find these pillows on clearance the day after Halloween. I'm a sucker for cute decorations. Especially ones for a good deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment