Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Traditions

There was always a few things "traditions" we did every year when I was a kid. I wanted to continue those on with my kids. So this was the first year we did those with Cooper. We made a bunny cake and decorated Easter eggs. I think he had a pretty good time. We ended up getting a winter blizzard this past Sunday. So since we were snowed in... sorta. It was a good time to do some fun projects. So here you go...
 Getting the eggs ready to boil.


 Yeah our decorating kit.




 While Cooper was napping I baked the bunny cake and got it all cut out and ready to decorate. fyi.. this is the page out of an old 70s cake decorating book. My mom and I made this every year. I don't like coconut, so we skipped that ingredient : )


Cooper got to drop the tablets in the vinegar. He thought that was cool.




And Cooper got pretty good at dipping the eggs.








I let Cooper help spread the icing until I caught him taking a break to lick his spoon..HA!

He was also incharge of placing the jelly beans on the bow tie. But I think more of them ended up in his mouth.

The jelly beans are usually a little more lined up on the bow tie.. guess Cooper can work on that next year.. ha ha.

He was pleased with the outcome.



Somebody sneaked a lick. Don't eat the bow tie.. ha!


 Eggs ready to hand out to family that we will see at Easter.




No comments:

Post a Comment