I didn't write many notes about pregnancy with Cooper, so I wanted to just jot down a few. This is really more for me. And anyone else who might care...
This pregnancy has been a little different than Cooper. I've been a lot more nauseous. Which I was fortunate I didn't really have that with Cooper. I know it could be way worse. So I don't want to be complaining. It mostly has bothered me early in the morning when I first get up. It funny though in the morning I would describe more like 'motion sickness'. Which normally I don't get motion sick. But I have to really limit how much I move around while I'm getting ready which is kinda tricky. Because you know, your use to getting out your makeup, then putting things back. Bending down to pick up this or that, turning around to put this away. Well not so much for me, too much of that and within seconds, I'm leaning over the toliet, no joke. So that definetly slows me down getting ready for work on the weekdays. But I'm trying to just sit down while I get ready, and not over due the moving around. Which is more annoying than anything. But its been better the last few weeks. Somedays I'm ok and the next its really bothers me. Kinda weird, anyone else out there dealt with symptoms like that?
Other than that if wait too long to eat, like if we eat dinner later on, I might get nauseous and then I don't really feel like eating. I have to make myself. Or maybe eat something different than what I cooked because all of sudden that looks disgusting.. ha! I took something nauseau pills for it.. on and off in the earlier weeks. And that really helped. But I'm trying to limit that. And honestly I feel really good all day. And I snack if my stomach starts to feel a little quesey. Some say the incresase in nauseaousness can be a sign of a girl. Or maybe that is an old wives tale.. ha. Who knows. I guess we'll let you know in mid-March. Right now I don't have a gut feeling. Its funny in my mind I think we are going to have another boy. Just because. I think I'll be shocked if its a girl.
I've had other typical pregnancy symptoms, from back pain to strong senses (smelling things). A little bit of moodiness here and there. Some food adversions. Pretty tired in the evenings. Basically I just go to bed right after Cooper goes to bed. But I know my body needs the sleep and I'm trying not to push myself. Even if that meant my Christmas decorations are still lingering around at the beginnning of Feb, which drives me a little nuts. But oh well. I usually do things at night, and right now I'm just not up for it.
Other than that I really do feel great! I feel like being pregnant is still a little unreal, in that I'm not showing a whole lot yet. Or feeling kicks or anything. But then its so exciting just wondering what this little person will be like. Cooper is such a character. Its just exciting to imagine if we'll have two 'little characters' on our hands. Such an great blessing. Can't really describe it. I'm just grateful. And I just pray that all of my friends/family that desire to be parents will one day be blessed with that opportunity. Being a parent, having that little soul that you love more than anything, its just an incredible experience. Not something I can begin to explain in words...
Its been fun to include Cooper this time around. He came to my first doctor's appt. when we had an ultrasound and saw the heart beat (or tiny little flicker). He came to my 12 weeks appt. and got to actually hear the heartbeat. Its been really fun to include him and see his reaction. Of course he doesn't totally get it. But he is a pretty smart little guy, so I think he kinda does.
So really next the agenda is just preparing as we can for the new addition. We plan to move Cooper into his own 'big boy' room. And the baby will get Cooper's nursery. This won't happen for a few months yet. We are just in planning mode, thinking about, etc. Keeping an eye out for things we like. A new big boy bed for Cooper, etc.
That's it for now. Exciting as I'm moving out of the first trimester. And looking forward to the rest of this journey...
No comments:
Post a Comment