Well yesterday was a "Snow Day". For some.. ha ha. We had a nasty winter storm pass through, luckily we didn't get 10 inches of snow like my parents in Topeka. Joe's school canceled which is a pretty unusual thing. I decided I would try to go into work early and then just play it by ear. But since they were forecasting freezing rain and sleet, I knew I wasn't going to stay out if it started to look bad. So once the storm arrived and it started looking nasty, I headed out of work about 10:30 and I'm thankful I did. The roads got pretty bad, some highways were shut down, etc. I think I must have left in the 'nick of time'. Anyway I knew, especially since I'm pregnant I wasn't taking any chances of getting stuck out in the weather.
So anyway I had a 'half snow day'.. HA! It was great though. Relaxing by the fire, watching the snow fall out our big windows in our family room. And just spending some extra time with Cooper and Joe. Plus I even got to work on some little projects that never seem to have time for. Its was a good day. And I even caught a little cat nap, while Cooper was napping. Which was pretty awesome!
I decided I would try to do some unpacking and organizing in our basement. I will definetly say moving and unpacking the second time was much more challenging. But I have to remind myself when we bought our first house we didn't have as much stuff. Seven years of marriage later, and one child and I'm wondering how we have so much crap, ha! We did have much more free time back then, I guess. And no little toddler running around. I wasn't even working for a few months early on in our marriage, so I guess that made unpacking, organizing and decorating a little easier. Oh well. I'm trying to go through things, organize, etc. I wish I had like two whole days, no distractions and a whole lot of motivation. But until then, I just work on it little by little. My goal is too get as much organized as I can before the new baby comes. So we'll just see.
Anyway other than that we took Cooper out in the snow to play. I not sure that I got any pictures. We weren't out there very long. If I have any decent ones I'll try to post them later on.
That's it for now. I need to add some more updates. Things are good here though.. 16 weeks pregnant. Looking forward to next month.. and the big reveal... boy or girl? Place your bets now.
No comments:
Post a Comment