Friends - and no I'm not referring to my maiden name or my family.. HA!
Its funny when you 'grow up' and go to work everyday and life gets busy. You get caught up in day to day activities and chores and well.. just life. Or maybe you just soaking in life. Enjoying your spouse, or your child/children. Or maybe you a single and your just living it up doing the things that make you happy. My point is its interesting how the role of friends changes and adapts as life moves forward. I would have to say I feel pretty blessed with all of the friends that God gave me. Some friends that I've know since Kindergarten, brownies, grade school and high school. Some that I hardly see or hardly talk to, but when we get together.. its just like old times. Though our lives are very different and even our interest may be 'night and day'. They are Friends, those friends that you call friends forever. Then there are those friends that you make at some of the key points in your life. The time when your really finding yourself, finding your faith... for me those were my college friends, my college roomate. Again I wouldn't have survived the move to St. Louis with such a smooth transition if it weren't for my volleyball teammates, an awesome roomate and great classmates and bible study friends. Sometimes I kinda think I wish I had one of those super close girl friends. And at a few points in my life, I did. But I've never been the type of person to have just one best friend. I usually have a number of close friends. Friends from different circles or areas of interest. My one best friend I met in college and that forever changed my life and that was Joe... yeah yeah. I know I won't get too mushy. But its true. When I showed up at Maryville I didn't expect to find the love of my life. And I didn't expect to be head over heels for a good portion of my college career. But I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. And I don't want to forgot the new friends. I think as you get older you don't really plan to make 'new' friends. But sometimes they just appear. People you meet at work or through other circles of friends. They just move right in and it seems like they have been there forever.
Anyway I don't see all of my friends as much as I would like to. People are busy. We have different schedules. But the moments you get together, they are good. And it makes me remember how lucky I am, to have these women in my life. That I don't talk to every day. But they know me. Some really well. They have been there through great highs and low lows. They've shared in some of the greatest moments of my life. And I'm very grateful for that. And I hope that I am as good of a friend to them, as they have been to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm not the best friend because right now my priorities are different. Cooper and Joe are my priorities. But there is a season for everything. And I know at some point maybe more of my friends and I will be in a similiar place in life, then we might hang out more and that is ok. But for now, I'm thankful that I have those friends. The ones that I can always count on.
Ok, that is my soap box for today. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment