Monday, January 14, 2013

Bye Bye Poo

Well Cooper had a major milestone last week. We have been working on potty training for the past month or so. I'd say at this point we aren't really pushing him. We are just trying to make the option open to him. Sometimes he sits on the potty. Sometimes he doesn't want to. That is ok for me. I don't want to push him, because I feel like something has to 'click' in his little brain to be really ready.

So he gets a sticker for sitting on the potty. He gets a big sticker for actually going. So far he had gone #1, but not #2.

But yesterday while he was with Aunt Kari.. he pooped for the first time in the potty. He wasn't totally sure  if he did the right thing. But he was very excited to flush.. and he told the poop... "Bye Bye Poop". Which was pretty funny.

We are working a lot on saying Bye Bye Momma, or Bye Bye _____ . So the Bye Bye Poo Poo only seemed appropriate. Ha!

I'm not sure how long the potty training phase will last in our house... but this is ok. I'm sure we'll have some good stories. Our big goal is to be totally potty trained by the beginning of August so Cooper can start going to preschool. So we have a little bit of time to get it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment