Well the first step to starting the nursery was picking out the colors and getting the room painted. Joe worked really hard during his Christmas Break to get all of the painting done. When he starts a project, he is kinda like a MAD man, he doesn't stop until he is finished. I wasn't able to get many pictures, since I was at work most of the time he was busy painting.
The next big task was to assemble all of the new baby furniture. Joe doesn't have much patience for building things, but I like to do that kinda stuff. So I asked my good friend Holly to come over and help me out. Of course like many furniture projects we hit a couple of snags, I broke one bolt and of course there were no extra pieces, so we had to make a mad dash to the hardware store. In the end it all worked out. At least we didn't put any pieces together backwards, or drill new holes that we really didn't need (Dad I figured you would appreciate that comment)
Not bad, the crib was coming along. The crib actually wasn't too hard to assemble, we had already assembled the changing table so we were kinda familiar with the hardware, etc.
Now we just had to assemble the drawers. And it was a done deal. By the way, I look like total crap in these pictures, but I'm building furniture.. what can I say?
What a masterpiece! Now it just needs the cute animal bedding and a little baby boy to cuddle up in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment