Friday, April 17, 2020

Broxton is 5!!



It's so hard to believe that Broxton is 5 already! This year we sure weren't expected to be celebrating his birthday in the midst of a pandemic. But we stuck with most of our usual little fun traditions. We kept it pretty simple. And we tried to make it a fun and special day for him. We missed being able to have his usual family party, but we hope to be able to do that eventually. And mostly I'm thankful that we are healthy and he took everything within stride. He kept saying are people coming over, but he was content with a few visitors seeing him from the drive way or through a window. He was really happy and excited with the things that we did throughout the day.

Broxton woke up to balloons on the floor in his bedroom and streamers across his door. Something we do for each of the kids on their birthdays. A tradition we started years ago when Cooper was really little.
Yes, those are Christmas Jammies that he had picked out in the middle of April. HA!!

Broxton had chocolate donuts for breakfast and had a Zoom meeting with his preschool classmates where they sang him 'Happy Birthday.' His teacher had stopped by last night and dropped off a few surprises under our front door mat. A few little birthday certificates. Things he would normally get at school, if school was in session. 



He did his school work in the morning and after lunch he was free to play. Gwen and I worked on decorating his birthday cake. I don't typically make cakes for the kids. I have a few times over the years. But I was thankful I had already decided on this idea, and I wasn't planning to order one from somewhere else this year. 

He requested one of his favorites for lunch. Corn dogs, frito twists, and apple juice. 


We had a few people stop by Grandma Boeckman, EE and II (Aunt Kari & Uncle Ryan) in the afternoon at different times. Grandma sang him Happy Birthday from the driveway, while he stood with the front door open. And Aunt Kari and Uncle Ryan brought him a few gifts and sang to him from afar as well. 
I only worked until noon, which worked out great. Gwen and I worked on decorating Broxton's cake. I had found an idea on Pinterest. He loves the show called Paw Patrol. And we already had the little toy figures so that worked out great!



Broxton loves Kit Kats!! My tendency to have a stash of birthday decorations paid off. We were able to reuse bags and other supplies we already had. Even the "5" candles was Cooper's that I had saved.








I think Broxton enjoyed the cake! 


Gift time!! Cooper and Gwen were really excited to give Broxton there gifts. And they spent a lot of time drawing their own cards. 










Cooper had the idea to give Broxton a few dollars. "Unexpected Cash" is what Cooper calls it. Cooper took it from his own wallet. Money he had been saving. Broxton was very pleased. 


And a pack of starburst. 






Gwen drew a picture of "Tu tu" one of Broxton's favorite animals. A white bear. Then she made him a card with an Airhead candy attached. And lastly she gave him a little sparkly lion. Something small Joe was able to pick up at the grocery store. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment