Friday, June 21, 2013

Family of 3 - not for much longer...

Well I feel like such a slacker in the blogging department. I'm not sure if I'm just haven't been in the mood. Or I'm too busy with other things. Or just a combination of both. We are doing great. And summer is going well. I can't complain at all because at almost 33 weeks pregnant. I still feel great (knock on wood). And I think I definetly have the 'nesting' bug.. ha! I'm trying really hard to get organized and go through things, etc.

Its funny that people say that your second child the whole experience is a little different. Of course the child is their own new miracle and the whole experience of pregnancy is a little different since you've already done it once. Not to say its any less exciting or awesome or anything. Just different the second time. I think for me I feel I've been so busy that I didn't do some of the things I did the first time around. I'm always reading a lot, and with Cooper I journaled quite a bit. I've haven't been doing much of either. Of course I think about the baby... baby Gwen all of the time. And wonder how life will be different. Wonder how Cooper will react, etc. What she will be like? But its funny even though I've done it once there is still that same anticipation.. the same 'unknown'.. even a bit of the same anxiety. What will things be like? How will our little routines change? Will everything be ok? Of course the list of "what ifs" could go on and on.. I'm nervous I'll remember how to do everything newborn related.. ha! I think its even still a bit surreal that very soon a new little person will move into our home and our hearts permantely. And I know in a few months or a year, we'll be saying I can't imagine life before Gwen. Such a crazy thought.

But I think we are doing what we can to get ready. And for now that has been very Cooper-focused. We are trying to get his 'BIG boy room' ready. Joe has been painting. I have been assembling furniture (little by little). We have artwork picked out. Some new, some old from Joe's previous 'boys den'. And a few new little surprises for him. More about that eventually. At the same time trying to get all of the baby stuff unpacked and gone through. Getting the clothes and onesies washed up that are neutral. Putting those things away. Finding the gizmos and swings and bouncy seats that have been sitting in storage disassembled. I have quite a list of 'to dos' before Gwen makes her grand entrance. But I'm just trying to slowly peck away at it on the weekends during naps etc.

Time sure seems to be flying though. And its hard to wrap my mind around the fact that she is almost here. Our little family of 3 will soon be a family of 4. Its plain and simple we are very blessed. I just hope to make myself really enjoy this last month or so of pregnancy. Whether I get physically uncomfortable or not. Just try to be in the moment. And really treasure the time with Cooper. "Smell the Roses" as my parents would say.. as we embark on the next new journey of parenthood... having not just one, but TWO.

No comments:

Post a Comment