I'm thankful that my co-workers are more than just 'co-worker's. They have truely become my friends. And its pretty great working with friends everyday. They helped make my day special by having some surprises for me. A '30 rocks' ribbon to wear and silly 'birthday' hat. We ordered Mexican for lunch which they know is my favorite. They made me 'work- margaritas'.. no acohol.. or you could call them pregnancy margaritas.. ha ha. And they got me a DQ icecream cake. Something I haven't had forever. But in conversation mentioned being a favorite and they remembered. Those girls are really great!
The other awesome surprise I got at work was a beautiful bouquet of flowers... from my two guys. I was totally surprised. I can't lie getting flowers does make a girl feel special!
This year another thing that made my birthday great is that my parents were able to come in town. So once I got off work we had a little celebration. My parents decorated our house.. which my Mom always does something if they are in town. The reason I have the 'birthday bug' of loving birthdays is because my parents (my mom especially) made birthdays so special when I was a kid. Anyway we went to Hodaks for dinner. A famous fried chicken place here in St. Louis. You eat free on your birthday. The food was great and we were all completely stuffed. We headed back to our house to open a few presents and have cake. My Mom made my favorite home-made chocolate sheet cake. And I got some really nice things. Joe and Cooper got me a new set of pots and pans and a gift certificate for a materity massage.. awesome!! I guess I'm am old when I'm excited about pots and pans.. but they have orange handles and are pretty cool.
See some pics below.
'work pics to come soon'
The decorations.
The cake.
Cooper was excited about me blowing out the candles.
My beautiful flowers from Joe and Cooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment