Wednesday, August 29, 2012

M, O, & I

Strange title to a post huh? Well Cooper is making progress on talking more or I should say communicating more verbally. Just since moving in to our new house.. he starting calling for Joe and I... Ma ma and Da ya. Constantly. Calling for Grandma and his Aunt Kari. And more and more he is very receptive to mimicing sounds. And anything to do with the alphabet.

A few weeks ago I bought him a learning DVD.. that goes through the alphabet, and works on various Phonics, etc. He was totally glued to it one night, watching it before bed. Out of the blue, he said "M".. out of the whole alphabet and clear as a bell he said the letter "M". So random. Joe and I were just watching a Cardinals game and Cooper was sitting in his sofa, with his mini tv. Joe and I looked at each other and laughed because it was soo random.

He had already said "O" and "I" occasionally. So now anywhere we go, he finds those letters and says them out loud. M, O and I.

I think a normal kid would learn the obvious ones first... A  B  C. But not my child, he likes the letter "M". HA!

I think he may know the alphabet before he can actually talk.

Anyone else have sons or know of boys who starting talking later? Like at 2 and half.. or later. 

 I've heard its common for boys to start a little later. He really wants to talk and tries very hard to communicate what he wants. The bad thing is we seem to usually know what he is saying.. when he isn't saying any words. Not sure that is helping much : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment