Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creamy Buffalo Sauce

So I don't usually have posts without pictures. But the thought of this little Cooper story cracks me up and I didn't want to forget it. So I figured I would just write it down and have the memory saved.

Usually when I get home in the evening, fairly soon after walking in the door I head to the kitchen and start getting dinner ready. Cooper usually joins me and plays with some bowls and cups, taking them in and out of the 'one' cabinet that I let him play in. Occasionally I get into the fridge, and he might wander over there to pull things off the shelves. Lately he has had his eye after one particular container, every time he pulls it down from the fridge door and carries it around. Pretend pouring it into his bowls, etc. Well its a bottle of - Creamy Buffalo Sauce. I know, I know I shouldn't let him play with this for the exact reason of the lid accidentally being loose. Well I usually check it.. and of course I didn't last night.

So as I'm doing whatever I was doing facing the kitchen counter, I hear a funny 'sqawk' from Cooper and turn around to find him in a pool of Creamy Buffalo sauce... all over the floor.. all over his feet and hands. My immediate reaction was "NOooooooo"... and then followed by me 'cracking up'. I wanted to grab the camera, but it was upstairs. And I couldn't let him move and make more of a mess. But I wish I could have captured the blank look of horror on his face, as he starred as his feet and hands, which had some kind of 'strange' orange stuff on it. By the way, he is pretty clean, he doesn't like to get anything on his hands when he is eating, etc. Guess he comes by that honestly.

The funny thing is he knew he was in trouble, because he didn't say 'one peep'. The whole time I washed him off in the kitchen sink and then when I set him aside to clean up the floor, he just stood there and starred. He even avoided walking on the spot where the buffalo sauce had been .. for a little while.

Anyway its was pretty classic... I just wish I had a picture.. other than the one in my head.

Guess he won't be grabbing random containers out of the fridge anymore... yeah right I'm sure he still will. Next time I just be a little more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment