Thursday, March 3, 2016
Big Girl Room - DIY Furniture
I have been dreaming up ideas for Gwen's Big Girl room for quite a while. Maybe since she was born.. ha ha! I have a Pinterest board that I have full of my ideas. I wanted to do something kinda ecletic. A little vintage and a little modern mixed together. I had an idea of the type of furniture pieces that I wanted. I originally wanted a 'Jenny Lind' spindled style bed. But then I also really like a vintage rod iron looking bed. I ended up going with a new reproduction of the metal iron bed style. I liked that it was more modern, with clean lines but was an old style. Then I decided I really wanted a French Provincial style dresser. I got the crazy idea we should refinish it ourselves. I'm always reading up on various blogs. And I kept seeing people refinish similiar style pieces with chalk paint. So I started stalking Craiglist and I stumbled across the perfect set. It was actually a complete set. But I had in mind using mix matched pieces and the two pieces were exactly what I wanted. A 6 drawer dresser and a small dresser with a bookshelf style hutch. The pieces were in excellent structural condition. But definetly needed some cosmetic TLC. The original ivory cream color had really discolored and aged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment