Wednesday, December 30, 2015

8 Months & Big Changes

Yes, Broxton is 8 Months. What happened, seriously! Apparently somewhat of a parent-fail for 7 months I think I literally have like two pictures of him. But I'll get back to his 7 month write up at some point. I have the notes, and a few pictures is better than none, right?

So 8 months we hit some pretty big milestones at the Boeckman household. I threw in the towel for nursing. I felt good at lasting a few months longer than my goal. But towards the end it was a struggle, things were slowing down. And I was kinda on my last leg.. literally. Broxton started waking up like every hour all night long. Must have been a least a week. I'm still working full-time and lets just say that wasn't working out so well. Pretty sure I was slightly delirious. Guess that was someone's way of telling me, its time to let go. Just like the other two times, it was sad for it to be over.  But once it was said in donen, it was definetly a burden lifted. The great news was right afterwards we did a little bit of sleep training. I mean hardly... and Broxton started sleeping through the night. After nearly eight months of waking with him between 2-3 times a night. And a couple of weeks here and there of more times than that. Sleeping the entire night was a dang near miracle. We experienced this same scenario with both Gwen and Cooper. Stopped nursing and they slept through the night. I wondered and hoped it would be true and third time and it was. No joke sleep feels good. Ok so enough about that. 

Here are some notes about what Broxton has been up to this month:

•Like I said he started sleeping awesome after only two nights of sleep training 
(or a modified "crying it out")

•He is cutting four top, front teeth. Two were actually popping through the skin by the end of 8 months. 

 •Sitting up really well with support, like the boppy or someone's leg behind him, etc. 

•His personality is really starting to show. 

•He likes to clap and claps when you say "Yea!" 

•He thinks spitting noises are funny

•Things he is liking are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Baby Einstein and Family Feud. Yes, that's right the Family Feud game show with Steve Harvy. For some reason Joe is on a kick of watching that while we eat dinner. As soon as the intro song comes on, Broxton will be sitting in his high chair.. he turns he head and is totally zoned out watching it.. ha! 

•Napping isn't so great. He only naps for like 45 minutes, if that. I think maybe we used the swing way too long this time around. He is hard to get down. But my the end of 8 months it was starting to get a little bit better. 

•And of course Broxton celebrated his First Christmas. He enjoyed watching Cooper and Gwen and all of the comotion. 

What a funny smirk. 

 Loves to grab his feet. Those socks will be on for two seconds. 

 Yes, he needs a real hair cut. His hair is "out of control"! 


No comments:

Post a Comment