Thursday, May 21, 2015

Last Day of Pre-K


Well I can hardly believe that this school year is over. Time keeps going faster and faster. Can it please slow down, just a bit.. ha! We are so proud of Cooper and what he has accomplished this year. It literally blows my mind the things they are learning in Preschool. I think in Kindergarten all we did was play games and eat snacks and learn the alphabet. No but seriously everything is so much more advanced now. Cooper loved his teachers this year. And he loved going to school everyday (half days). He made some great little friends. I can't even begin to tell all of the things that he learned. But I know he writing skills are even better. He is holding a pencil or crayon correctly when last year that was a little bit of a concern. He held if funny. I wasn't too worried, I still hold a pen incorrectly.. according to the 'proper way'. Speaking doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. He doesn't stop talking, EVER! He loves counting and making patterns. He knows a number of sights words. His coloring skills have greatly improved. He knows quite a few words in Spanish. The other day he came down the stairs in the morning and told Joe "Buenos Dias". I missed it, but I'm sure Joe about fell off the couch. He hadn't ever said that before. He will just randomly rattle of things in Spanish, numbers, colors and various words. He can even read quite a few of his books. Dr. Seuss and some others. He has grown and learned so much. He is such a good big brother! He loves his new brother Broxton and him and Gwen are becoming quite the 'partners in crime'. Anyway it was a great year and we are looking forward to the exciting journey of staring grade school..

 
 Getting reading to leave the house with his teachers gifts. 

 Last time going into his classroom. 

 Taking the gift to the wonderful secretary.

 And the gift to his teacher.

 I was able to pick him up from school, so I took Gwen in with me. She just loved it. They invited her in to play a game with the kids. And she really loved that!






What a fun year! Time for some summer fun with Daddy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment