Cooper,
This won't mean much to you now. But you just finished your very first year of school. Its hard to believe I feel like I was just anxiously awaiting your first day, hoping you would enjoy it and like your teachers and make new friends. What a first year it was. From Day 1, you ran right in and never looked back. I was worried you would cry and at being left with strangers for the first time.. ever. But you didn't, you were so ready. So ready to start learning and ready to start your little journey.
I couldn't be more proud of you. I can't believe the amount you have grown and learned in just one school year. I know I'm a little biased but you are so incredibly smart. You always have been. But just seeing what you have done this year is awesome! You showed up the first day with hardly any interest in coloring or holding a crayon. Now you can write every letter of the alphabet and the teacher told me that you have beautiful handwriting. You have such attention to detail in everything you do. You have never even used scissors and now you are a cutting machine. You love making crafts and drawing and coloring and we love seeing what you will come up with.
When school first started you were talking more than you had been, but it was still only a few words at a time. Now you seriously never stop talking. Your funny and inquistive and you don't miss a beat. Your ability to memorize things whether it be a movie or a book, continues to baffle me. Right now you can almost completley recite "Green Eggs and Ham".
Your little personality shines bright in that class because everyday when I drop you off a new classmate is calling your name and is excited to see you. We knew that you were really social but it has been so fun to see that translate into real life and making your own mark.
This is just one small milestone of the journey through the school years. But we are so proud of the little man that you have become. Your so sweet, and loving and kind. You are down right hilarious sometimes and you bring your Dad and I so much joy.
I know that God has special plans for you and I couldn't be more grateful for God blessing us with such a special little soul to watch over.
We love you very much!
Happy LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment