Friday, October 11, 2013
Mashed Potatoes
Yes you read it right the title of this entry is "Mashed Potatoes." I had to document this long awaited moment ..ha! As I've probably mentioned before Cooper is sorta a picky eater. I guess that seems about right since Joe and I are fairly picky eaters. Cooper is just not very good at trying new things. But one thing he refuses to eat is potatoes. Ever since he was starting solids, he has never taken them. He just spits them out. And now he just cries if I offer him some, ha! Any kind of potatoe - mashed, baked, boiled, etc. He only eats fries and tator tots. I thought seriously what kid doesn't like mashed potatoes. He can't really be my child. I've tried multiple occasions and he just refuses. Well last week we had the moumental moment. He finally tried mashed potatoes and HE LIKED THEM. At 3 and a half years old. FINALLY!!!
But it was that old trick that finally worked. If you want your kids to try something new, allow them to help you cook it. Last week I was making shepards pie. And getting ready to mash the potatoes. And let him help me mash and stir them. And sure enough he asked to have a bite. And then he asked for more. I gave him a little bowl of them. And he ate it and said "Yummy in my tummy". He totally cracked me up, since usually he would cry and act like I was feeding him poison or something.
Well I thought this must be a ONE time fluke. So tonight we had another dish with mash potatoes. A nice little roast. And we gave Cooper his plate. With a small scoop of mashed potatoes and he started eating them. HA! We have gotten over the 'hump'. I can hardly believe it. But this gives me a little confidence to keep giving him new things. Maybe he is moving out of the picky phase. Who knows?
So that's it, I just had to write this down. One of those funny little things that I don't want to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment